Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Letter That Was Never Sent

I found this letter that I wrote to my Ex tucked nicely into a pocket in the back of a leather bound journal that I got as a Christmas gift from a good friend a few years ago. I wrote the letter on some really nice paper and sprayed it with perfume. I can still smell it. I never mailed the letter, and I know why I couldn't do it. As I read it over, I cried because it reminded me of the night I wrote it. My Ex had told me that she didn't love me anymore, but I still loved her. Reading that letter, I could feel how much I missed her, how much I loved her, and I couldn't deny it.

Anyway, I wanted to share the letter, expose my vulnerability, and show how the soul can be so fragile... how I was so fragile. I loved someone, and this is truly a great thing that I have been able to experience. Good or bad, I loved her. So, the letter is below. I wrote it probably a year & a bit ago, and the feelings were as true then as they are now. Love doesn't go away, it transforms you. I know because I have been transformed thanks to this beautiful thing called love.

JB

======================================================

My Beloved,

I am writing to you, my love. I have sat up nights thinking of our love, remembering your lips on mine, your body softly caressing me while we made love with a passion that could stop time.

My love, how I miss your arms around me while I sleep soundly. I can feel your breath of whispers in the back of my neck. You’d wake to feel my heart to touch my soul.

All the wet kisses are gone now. An empty bed I sleep in being kept warm by my pillow that holds my tears.

Tears that time has keep secret for me. The bed is still missing its lovers embraced in the passion of the truth of their love.

My beloved, I dream of our love to be true again on a warm winter night, when I can hold you in my arms and keep you safe from the world.

My beloved, I love thee with all my might. I will fight for our love when you are asleep. I will fight when you feel doubt. I will fight night and day 'til our lips can touch again, and the words 'I love you' flow freely into the air with joy and happiness.

This day is what we have both been waiting for, my beloved. Walk with me again to the end of time, where the love we had and still share can live through every breath, look, embrace, and passionate night we shared.

Remember, beloved, that you are mine, I am yours... this is the truth, and this is our truth. Believe in our love and everything will be as you have always dreamed of. Believe in us as I have always believed in you. No matter what has happened and what will happen, I will love you till the end of time.

Love Always,

JB

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Check back for my response and/or Eddy's. We love hearing from you! Peace, JB (blog owner) and Eddy ("super great cuz" & frequent guest blogger)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...