Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"For shame! Deny that thou bear’st love to any...." (Sonnet 10, Shakespeare)

Lately, I've been contemplating my love for my Ex. Was I truly in love, or was I in love with the idea of being in love? These particular questions were haunting me for about two weeks. So, what's a person to do? Well, I took a walk down memory lane and examined the relationship without being in denial about what I had or thought I had. What I came to realize is that the relationship was all me. I gave more then I received, I listened more then I was heard, and I got back half of what I put in. With that being said, was I simply living an illusion that I called a relationship? Was I really in love, or was I just in need of something that I could not give myself/get from myself? Are we really capable of love if we do not love ourselves? Love starts with us and ends with us. This is what I have learned from soul searching.

JB

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Check back for my response and/or Eddy's. We love hearing from you! Peace, JB (blog owner) and Eddy ("super great cuz" & frequent guest blogger)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...